Saturday, July 28, 2007

Home again

Sean got home from his Colorado trip a day early and all of a sudden, all was right with the world. I didn't have to worry about falling rocks anymore (although I should have; apparently he almost leaped a boulder that was hurtling down the trail toward them. Notice the "almost." But he's OK), or van crashes, or MRSA. All the chicks were back in the nest, and I was content.

So in the last 27 hours, I've:

* Done five loads of laundry
*Showed a friend how to give subcutaneous fluids to a baby goat
*Run up to the clinic at 3 a.m. to check on a patient
*Put in a Saturday at work, one of our busiest
*Located my aunt through friends, the Internet, and a couple of guesses
*Drove over to Valley Ranch to let said aunt follow me home
*Took a nap
*Made burgers
*Tried to figure out my new cell phone

Especially that last one. We spend months going back and forth over the new phones and trying to choose one. I finally did, the MOTORAZR maxx, which is apparently the way you're supposed to spell it. It tries to make up for the missing vowel by throwing in the extra x, as if that would be sufficient. It's a CSI dream since it retains every fingerprint ever directed its way, but it takes decent pictures and I even made a phone call. At one point, I was talking to Emily while she was trying to text me, and I did point out the irony. You never want to miss a teachable moment.

No comments: