Thursday, October 18, 2007

10-20-30

Over at Actual Unretouched Photo, they're playing a game: where were you ten, twenty, and thirty years ago? This originated over at Relevantblog. Wanna play? Leave me a comment!

October, 1997. I'm living in Grapevine and am the medical director of a large corporate animal hospital. Son is in first grade in public school, daughter is 15 months old and in day care. I am working full-time, trying to learn practice management, having to fly to meetings and such. Quite the corporate suit. Not really my bag; I'll leave that job a little over a year from now, when we start thinking about this thing called homeschooling. I've been married nine years, have a dog named Juba and a cat named Dempsey.

October, 1987. I'm living in an apartment in N. Dallas, an associate at an animal clinic. My first job! I've been out of school for 18 months and it's been quite the shakedown cruise. I'm beginning to think I'll go ahead with this career instead of tossing it out the window, which has occurred to me more than once. I've been dating a guy for over a year, but it's not going anywhere. We've been invited to a Halloween party at another church and I'm thinking of going with him, but with an eye out for any new guys. I'm ready to meet some new people! (And Iwill, at that party.) I have a dog named Juba, and a cat named Dempsey. (Yes, they were around awhile.)

October, 1977: I've just started my junior year of high school. I'm dating the drum major in the high school band, who has his own 50s band. I'm going to a concert of his soon; way cool! I just got my driver's license, finally, because it took awhile to get my birth certificate. My favorite movie of last summer, maybe of all time, is Star Wars. I'm thinking of majoring in biology and going to vet school. My family has two dogs, Sparky and Woofer.

And I'll go them one better:

October, 1967: I'm a first grader! This is the first time I get to go to school all five days of the week. My teacher is Mrs. Reid and she says I'm a good reader. She's going to give me two books to keep (and I will keep them... they're on my shelf today.) We had a dog named Scooter, but my parents gave him away because he had ringworm. Then we had Bootsie, but he tried to bite us and my parents took him to the pound. Someday I'll be a teacher and have a dog of my own.

1 comment:

AnnG said...

Sounds like fun....I wanna play too, but it'll take a bit to come up with stuff that far back!!