Sunday, October 11, 2009

Knitting Elbow

No, not knitting AN elbow, although goodness knows that would be different. Knitting elbows, or knitter's elbow, or just garden variety tendonitis. It would be tennis elbow except I can't play tennis to save my life. I could use ibuprofen, or ice or heat, or a nifty little velcro thing (I could knit one!) I've already changed the way I hold my arm, I already knit continental. Lots of breaks and exercising.

Yes, the knitting is back and in a big way. I'm as obsessed as I ever was; guess I just needed a break. Here's the production from the last few weeks:

Those are machine hats on the right, handmade on the left, including Emily's red beret. Ignore the possessed cat in the background.

And yes, those are some odd yarn choices. I'm using up a lot of odds and ends. These are all going to charity, and they'll fit someone somewhere!

And there are those baby hats too, going to a charity online auction for the Galilee School in Nairobi.

Now I've cast on for a cotton vest, and it's lace knitting and what was I thinking? I know lace is difficult, both physically and mentally, and yet, do I remember? I already dropped one stitch when my Options needle pulled apart and a dropped stitch in lace is a panic situation. Ordinarily I don't mind a dropped stitch, even like the change in pace while I stop and rescue the little beggar, but in lace it's a whole different thing.

I have wallpaper to remove, though, and rooms to paint, so I have plenty to do otherwise.

1 comment:

Tammy Fowler said...

Impressed with the knitting, and I noticed we own the same cat. Your possessed cat looks just like my kitty, Duncan!