
More knitting jargon. UFO=Unfinished Object. Of which I have several.
I realize that while the word "knitting" is in the title of this blog, and I do knit every day, it isn't often mentioned and this is why:
Some of these are long-term. Really long-term. I've noticed that the time to completion is greater if the intended recipient happens to live in the house. The first to be finished is my niece's cardigan; I'm on deadline here, since they go back to Germany the end of this month. Next will be unnamed cardigan there in the black/white yarn. Two of the projects are for no-brain knitting (the white baby hat and the green dishcloth). The afghan is for our family and is just too hot to work on right now. The socks. Notice that they are no further along since you last saw them. Since they are for Emily and myself, I can tell you it'll be awhile, especially since she wants a bolero now ("You know, a really short thing? With a loop button, and long sleeves? And holes in it.") The camel-colored rectangle was meant to be the bottom of a felted bag that I'll eventually make with wool leftovers, so that is forever. I may frog it.
No comments:
Post a Comment