Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Finally done!

Lara
Sorry for the long gap in publishing here. Things got in the way. School. Classes. Homework. Job. Housework. A certain blogging program that wouldn't let me upload pictures. A certain computer that shut down Internet Explorer not once, but twice today when I had this entry just about done. Excuse me while I compulsively save this again.

And so (for the third time, not that you'd know it) : ta da! The cardigan, she is done, and I got to cast on for a couple of new things. I love casting on; the possibilities are endless. As you can see, I was in a hurry there toward the end and sewed the label in crookedly. It's my humility label. I didn't have time to redo it, so there it sits. But that's OK; when the recipient is wearing it, no one's going to notice anyway. Isn't she cute?!

And now I have this: It's two boxes of wool donated to Wooly boogersHalfknits and it's as scratchy as it looks, but the swatch wasn't too bad. I was thinking a Log Cabin blanket, or maybe some Fair Isle. Whatever we make, it'll be very warm for the people in S. Dakota.

Also on the needles: a mystery gift, Emily's crocheted shrug (well, technically not on the needles, and not even on the hook since it's been frogged twice already. Who'd've thought gauge mattered with crochet too?) and some crocheted blanket squares for Halfknits. Will be swatching soon for second mystery gift.

Our movie this week for English class was Friendly Persuasion. I like Gary Cooper more everytime I see him. And Dorothy McGuire was the big surprise; what a wonderful performance! She's one of those actresses you know you've seen somewhere, so I checked IMDB and sure enough, she's the mom in not only Swiss Family Robinson, but Old Yeller as well.

Received Mason-Dixon Knitting today as a late birthday present from the folks and it's great. I'm ready to make log cabin blankets, and rag rugs, and go to New York, all at the same time.

Ready for the state fair this year? Ready for.... Fried Coke? Just when I think they've fried everything that can possibly be fried. Although the fried Oreos last year were mighty tasty.

I promise; this blog entry was a lot better the first two times.

2 comments:

Lotzastitches said...

Beautiful cardigan!

Anonymous said...

A really awesome cardigan! Great job!

Mary in Austria