
Kind of snuck up on me. I certainly couldn't tell it was fall from the weather, which will be in the 90s all week. I had lunch with a friend in Fort Worth during a seminar last week and kept shivering as we sat on the restaurant's patio. It was all of 65 degrees, but you know, in the shade.
I just finished a hat and scarf combo for a boy at Pine Ridge, and I'm done with Emily's bolero. It fits me like it should have fit her, so I guess she'll grow into it. Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, so remind me not to machine wash it. I don't want to see how it would felt!
Finally got the picture uploaded. Thank you, Firefox!

Latest movie: The Maltese Falcon. Not as many cliches as I thought, but Humphrey Bogart does do a passable Bogart impression. I've seen better. The adults commented on how he really does curl his lip and I can't get past his creepy smile. I liked The African Queen much better, but that would be my Hepburn fixation talking.
Sean wanted to see Psycho this week, so we rented it from Blockbuster, and I still jumped twice during the movie. I told him maybe he'd understand now why all the adults blanched when Tony Perkins came downstairs in Friendly Persuasion and sang out, "Good morning, Mother!" It'll be interesting to compare it with next week's movie, Rear Window. Grace Kelly at her finest!
I teach the fifth graders on Wednesday nights, and they're a fun bunch. Tonight I got to class a few minutes early and I was restless. I hadn't brought a book or my knitting. I glanced sideways and saw a little multicolored skein of craft yarn sitting on a shelf, so I got it and two dull pencils from the desk and took off. During the class I did a 4" diagonal dishcloth, a small granny square, and two crocheted rings for the kids in class (turned out I had a crochet hook in my purse.) I realized while I was knitting and teaching that it had been awhile since I knitted for the sheer enjoyment of it. I've been all about the product lately, not the process. It's the process that drew me in the first place, and I need to remember that.
It works the same for life, actually. We get too focused on what we want to achieve, trying to make the promotion, or the graduation, or the test score, without enjoying the process. Without even noticing the process. Each knit stitch doesn't seem like much, but over time, they're a sweater. Each day right now seems full of the same things, the same race, the same assignments, but they're adding up.
Relish the stitch. Revel in the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment