Thursday, August 09, 2007

Random thoughts...

Random thoughts while waiting on an Ebay auction to finish (who'd ever thought I'd be holding my breath over Algebra II DVDs?)



I don't think I want to be a single practitioner. Oh, it's enjoyable twice a week, but I've been in group practice too long and I enjoy bouncing ideas off another doctor. And if there's someone else there, then there's always a chance that he gets to see the biting Chihuahua. Heh.



Four minutes left.



It's the time of year I wish I were two or three people. One to work, one to be with the kids, one to take care of the house. Today I spent lunch in the passenger seat letting Sean get some highway driving practice while we grabbed Sonic, dropped Emily off at a friend's house, went to Northlake College for paperwork, and back home. That followed several phone calls and emails coordinating someone to pick Emily up and drop her off at the house in time for her to be picked up for the next item on her agenda. It looks like enrolling at Northlake is going to take four or five visits, since I can never be there long enough to get it all done at once. If he enrolls; has to pass the tests first.



Two minutes.



I reluctantly admit that The Office is pretty funny television. I started watching it so I could follow the conversation at work on Fridays. It's still a tossup as to what's funnier: the show, or my boss re-enacting it the next morning.



Six seconds, keep refreshing..... won! Cool. That's about $15 cheaper than the sale price at the website. That's one class decided for fall.



I hear Barney. Not the Dinosaur; Fife. David watches The Andy Griffith Show daily, and so I'm getting a refresher course on life as it is in Mayberry. It's not so bad, really. Makes me a little wistful. Here you go:



Barney: If there's anything that upsets me, it's having people say I'm sensitive.

************************************
Andy: Well, I caught him earlier on a 10-17.

Barney: Hat in a horse trough?

Andy: Yeah.

************************************************************

Barney: Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud.

Andy: I'm going to have a talk with them. What else do you want me to do?

Barney: Well, don't just mollycoddle them.

Andy: I won't.

Barney: Nip it. You go read any book you want on the subject of child discipline and you'll find every one of them is in favor of bud-nipping.

************************************************************

One more Saturday, and I'm through with my month of working Saturdays. As if it's some big thing; it hasn't been that long since I never had Saturdays off. I don't ever take them for granted, that's for sure!

1 comment:

AnnG said...

Just think the days of driving Sean around will soon be over....unless he's like Paul he gets 2 tickets in 2 days and you decide to take the car keys away for a couple of months!!!