
You're To Kill a Mockingbird!
by Harper Lee
Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have
changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've
also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to
persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you,
but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you
whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.
Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.
The first time I took it, I came out as One Hundred Years of Solitude which I haven't read (I'm SORRY! So many trashy books to read!) so I went back and decided I was concise instead of long-winded, which led me to different questions, and voila. Or viola. Or wallah. It's one of the most frequently misspelled words I see, by which I mean don't use it if you don't know how to spell it, for pete's sake. Whoops. Maybe I'm Strunk & White.
Another blog I read today, The Common Room, made my throat close down because I miss homeschooling so much. Intricately linked with that is how I miss being home more, so it's not as altruistic as it sounds, but I do miss it. I miss spontaneity, and all that. But that came with my kids being younger, so maybe I just miss that.
Heck, I miss being younger myself. There was less maintenance involved. Today I was out still trying to clear out a spot for a vegetable garden and I got dizzy. Could be that I haven't had any real food in almost two days, but still. I'm trying to get in my twenty minutes of exercise a day, so I figured that counted.
A blog I found this week is Mid-Century Modern Moms which applies to me, once I figured out which century they're talking about. Internal dialogue: "It's only 2008. That's nowhere near mid-century. Wait... they mean the 1900's! So that's.... like 1950! Wait, that's practically 1961. That's me!" Or something like that, only fuzzier. I only allotted a small portion of my brain to it at the time.
Quick review of Horton Hears a Who: Disappointing. I like what one critic said: "Occasionally charming, frequently dull, and terrible just often enough to be dissatisfying more often than not." Like that. It wasn't just the uptight, hard-nosed "pouch-schooling" kangaroo, although she really got on my nerves. Or the vulture with the bad European accent. Or the way they had Horton mimic Jim Carrey's rubber face. Or how I expected the Lorax to jump out screaming when Horton decimated a field of clovers. Or how the purple apes were an insult to apes and the color purple. It was a little bit of all of it. Bottom line: if I fall asleep at a movie (paging Little Rascals!) then it can't be that good.
1 comment:
Les Miserables...go figure! LOL! Glad to see you are writing again. I always look forward to reading your blog.
Post a Comment