I didn't want the first post after a six month hiatus to be all apologetic, so let's make it the second post. Sorry about that. When the writing muse makes herself scarce, I don't have a good way to bring her back. I don't know what real writers do. Maybe there are incantations.
And of course, I can blame it on Facebook. And working. In January I started working full-time for three months and that meant intense rescheduling of all the really important things I needed to do, like drop into a coma in the evenings. We're not going to talk about Facebook, the evil time-sucker. I've learned to scan updates, post something vague in my status, which will never be as funny as my husband's, and stay away from the games and quizzes. I don't always practice this, but I have learned it.
So here's the quick review of 2009:
January: I did get the pig picture for Christmas, so I hung it on a convenient nail in our bedroom until I found a better spot and it is there today. I'm sure there's a better spot, and at some point shall embark on a picture hanging mission the like of which this house has never known, but until then, it is at least vertical. Emily celebrated her half-birthday. Why not? Cake is always reason enough.
February and March: Nothing happened. Well, we made a Jell-O cell model for Emily's science class.
I completed a baby sweater and hat set for the Lewisville Christian School auction.
April: Celebrated my parents' fiftieth anniversary. I finished up a scrapbook for them that was a lot of fun to put together.
May: Had both sets of grandparents in town for Sean's graduation. We had a ceremony for friends and family on Saturday, then the church's senior recognition on Sunday. I managed to get through it without crying, thank you very much.
And now it's June. It goes that fast. I'm back to a four day schedule, for now. The gardens are going gangbusters; I have the volunteer zinnias and marigolds back, and in the vegetable garden, volunteer tomatoes, basil, donated watermelon, and last year's seeds, most of which are coming up. I don't remember what all I put out there; that's part of the fun. I consider anything I plant to be a Victory Garden!
No comments:
Post a Comment