Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dino Socks

I passed another knitter at a hockey game the other day and of course I had to stop and chat. She had a hat on double points. I pulled out part of my sock and said, "Magic Loop." That led to pros and cons and such. I love knitters.

What I modestly didn't tell her was it wasn't just Magic Loop; it was twosocksatonce, toeup, intarsiaintheround Magic Loop. Because, you know, that would just be bragging.

So here they are. I have a twenty-something co-worker who's been begging for socks since I started working there, and I've ignored him. I found out that he's moving next month, though, and the guilt finally got to me, so I thought a pair of worsted weight socks would be fast enough. He wanted dinosaurs on the cuffs (dinosaurs?) but the thought of intarsia in the round was off-putting, to say the least. I found this technique, however, and it made sense after much thought and some experimenting. Of course I ripped back more than once. I'm not that good.



Admittedly, these are of the Barney family of T. rex rather than the Jurassic Park predators. They don't know that they weren't green and their tails didn't drag. But they're there, and that's what counts!

In other news, I got the Christmas lights up. The newsletter is no closer to being written, but I'm thinking about it. I try to avoid it every year, but Christmas tramples me anyway.
________________________________________


Oh my gosh, they shot Lucy!

Abby saw nothing.

No comments: