Not like a new classic, or all natural artificial flavor. No, this is increase your time at work, get more done at home. I could have an infomercial.
Admittedly, we're operating on day 3 of the new schedule, and it's the day I'm off, so it's quite possible that this time next week I'll be rocking on the floor mumbling to no one in particular, but this is now.
I'm now working two mornings a week, two full days a week, and still alternating Saturdays. David is home now, Sean will get his license in another month or so, and our classes are all ending, one by one. Even Emily's school will be out in a month. Theoretically, this is a good time to do this, especially since my job would go away if I didn't. Permanent relief jobs usually don't last forever; they evolve into part-time associates, like this one, or go away entirely. And I like this job and its convenience to home, so we'll see how it goes.
The odd thing is that even with more than doubling my hours at work, everything has gone fairly smoothly. Emily has two pet-sitting jobs going on, I've made dinner both nights, the kitchen is currently clean, the laundry is mostly done, if not put away. I seem to function better on deadlines and adrenaline. It may not be best for the cardiopulmonary system, but it's great for schedules.
I just know I need to schedule downtime too. David volunteered to go to a meeting at church last night and it really helped me out to accept that and get some things done here in the meantime.

Hope everyone had a great Easter.
If you didn't get a visit from
the Easter bunny, this may be why:
No comments:
Post a Comment