ten·di·ni·tis also ten·do·ni·tis
n.: Inflammation of a tendon.
Translated, that means ouch. What is it with the mutiny of the body parts? A few months ago one of my toes broke, with no previous authorization whatsoever. I was very offended and considered casting it away but gave it another chance. Now it's the whole top of my right foot, and I didn't even insult it first. It just decided to up and start hurting nearly two weeks ago. The resultant limping put me in a snarly mood and has thrown my neck and back out, so that I look like Quasimoto, only surlier.
I've spoiled my coworkers by being of a generally sunny disposition, so that when I do choose to have an off day, they hover like solicitous aunts. "Are you okay?" they say. "Are you sure? You seem quiet today," until they notice my narrowed eyes and find something to do in the back right away.
Mix this with going off sweets, caffeine, diet sweeteners, and soda, and it's a wonder I can function at all. I keep reminding myself that hunger at bedtime is a virtue. I hate being virtuous; it's never won any contests in my book, and it's too late to start now. But a beach vacation in June is looming, and unless I want to bring back the swinging styles of the 1890s, I need to lose a few. Pounds, habits, marbles, take your pick.
This summer is also our twentieth wedding anniversary, something that I find bemusing at best. Twentieth? When did I start being able to talk in decades? I'd like to do something... here's a crazy thought.... with just the husband and myself, but we'll see.
The cat has taken up residence in a Build-a-Bear doghouse. She seems to think it just right. No animals have thrown up on the carpet in four days now, for which I am profoundly grateful. The weather is finally above freezing. I've bought three new pairs of shoes this weekend, hoping to find some I can walk in, while avoiding those that scream "Orthopedic!" These are a few of my favorite things.
Lest I abandon the title of this blog completely, I really do still knit. Finally finished my dad's sweater, and still have my mom's to go. It's on temporary hold right now, while I get a baby present done and then a chemo hat for a friend.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment