Tuesday, August 05, 2008

August Rush

Guest author, Emily:

My birthday party was a couple of days ago. We went to a new nearby shopping center and saw the new Journey to the Center of the Earth. My friends banded together and bought me a tiara at Claire's and made a rule that I had to wear it the whole rest of the party and the only time I could take it off was when we swam, and the second I was going to sleep. Unfortunately, I hardly slept at all.

Actually, the birthday party was fun, from an outside perspective. The movie exceeded my expectations (zero), and the girls had a great time. We had some go home and more arrive the next day for a class book party. The summer is drawing to a close but not without fanfare.

We still have one more trip to take, a few more books to buy, school supplies to shop for (always fun!), some sales to hit, some time to swim. Soon enough we'll embark on the first school year ever that Emily will be in class five days a week, and the first time in nine years that Sean will be in all classes outside the house. It's another sea change, and I'll spend some time looking back, more looking ahead. In the meantime, I have a load of homeschooling books to take to the used bookstore, clothes to donate, knitting to finish. It's time to rearrange my space, both outwardly and inwardly.

1 comment:

Kim said...

In the middle of my den's floor is a stack of homeschooling books -- also needing to go to the HER store. It's just weird isn't it?