Again. This had happened before, so I said sure, and I'd be one with her, knowing it would last three days or until we went to a burger restaurant, as it always had.Still waiting.
So now we're vegetarians, and I'm actually used to it. I ate like this for awhile in college, so it's not a huge jump, and with the exception of Arby's and Red, Hot & Blue, I don't miss it all that much.
And my latest love: veggie dogs! Normally I don't go for all the meat substitutes, because frankly, what's the point of eating veggie if you're scarfing fake breakfast sausage? Someone's fooling someone there. But I haven't bought hot dogs in years, what with the nitrites and that trip to the slaughterhouse in '85, so to find a decent veggie dog was a culinary thrill somewhat akin to low-fat Ding Dongs (no, they don't exist, and hopefully never will. If you're going to indulge in a Ding Dong, just do it.) I do buy veggie burgers, and did try a meatless barbecued rib product that had Emily and I checking the package to make sure it was meatless. The veg products have come a very long way in 25 years. I miss the Garden of Eatin' in Stillwater, though. Hippie waiters, good food, an ivy that grew around the entire room.

In knitting news: this is the back of the aran cardigan. Fronts are done, back is going slowly, still have sleeves and collar and button bands and edging to go, all in two months. I finally have the pattern memorized (and even then, I flipped a cable yesterday) so it can fall in the semi-mindless category, but it's slow going.
The socks are still in the toe increase stage, and I have some swatching to do for the next projects.
5 comments:
Came here from the knitlist group...I like the look of the cardigan you are knitting. Might have to try the yarn from Knitpicks. Also enjoyed your blog - funny! Wish I could write about my family as well as you do, but I find it difficult. Keep on bloggin'!
So, aren't you going to share with us the Brand of Veggie Hot Dogs you found??
Love the cardigan. I have some Shine put away for a planned Shrug for my daughter. Glad to see it has such good stitch definition.
LOL! Yves or Morningstar but NOT Smart Dogs. Blech.
You have a great blog, Karen! I'm on the knitlist group with you. I'm glad someone else asked what brand the veggie dogs were - I was wondering myself, LOL.
Love your site, Karen! The baby picture is adorable and the likeness striking! We're on Horizons and haven't met any other vegetarians there...wish you and Emily success!
Post a Comment