Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Zoo

The Two E'sToday Emily and I went to the Dallas Zoo. I have to take a picture of the kids by this elephant every time we go, but all I had was my phone.

I think the reason I enjoy zoos more now is that the kids are older and I'm not carrying a whining four year old. Why didn't someone tell me to wait? We read signs and took things at our own pace, and it was great!

The Dallas Zoo has come a long way in twenty years, but it still has a long way to go. The lion, elephant, and giraffe cages haven't changed, and are still just observation areas. There was construction going on everywhere, but unless you're in a movie (penguins, this time) apparently you don't get the big bucks. Remember when every zoo got a meerkat exhibit, right after The Lion King came out? Let's not forget the lions!

Yesterday was Akeelah and the Bee. Two thumbs up, and go while it's still in the theaters, so they'll keep making more like it!

No comments: