It also followed earlier today, when my youngish co-teacher mentioned Cyndi Lauper, and then laughed when none of our students knew who she was.
"Don't you get nostalgic for stuff like that from your childhood?" she asked me perkily.
My childhood? Cyndi Lauper?
I rolled my eyes. "I can remember Nixon's elections, the end of Vietnam, and the Beatles breaking up, " I said. Her eyes got wide. She thought I was 38, bless her.

Our movie last week was A Man For All Seasons, but I just couldn't inflict it on the kids. I previewed about thirty minutes of it, and it was putting me right out. So I jettisoned that, and went with O Brother, Where Art Thou? What a great movie! It was better than I remembered it; definitely one that improves with viewing. I reviewed the story of the Odyssey with the kids, and then they hunted for analogous characters during the movie.
I finished the socks for Emily and one fits, while the other is too narrow and too long. Two socks at a time from now on! I started a crocheted ripple afghan for Halfknits, which will seem like forever when it's done. Crochet just doesn't do my wrist right.
No comments:
Post a Comment