Monday, January 22, 2007

Color my world

I got up yesterday and for the first time in days? weeks? the sun was out and the world a wash of color. Blue sky, green trees, the cheerful orange of the construction barrels. I was home.

Because Saturday I drove to Oklahoma City and back, in a canvas of grays. It rained the whole way there, and by the time I passed Ardmore, there was snow in the fields and the trees were dripping with ice. The roads just stayed wet, though, and I arrived in time to browse Hobby Lobby, buy some yarn and jewelry supplies, and then get over to the restaurant to meet some of my vet school classmates for our twentieth reunion. We had about 18 show up, and it was great to see everyone. I headed back home, arriving at midnight, so the Sunday morning sun was a welcome change.

Tonight Emily got her ancestry project done. Full disclosure: I photoshopped my and my mom's pictures. I figured, hey, I could have powdered my nose to get rid of the shine, so why not this way? And a few less wrinkles can't hurt.


Isn't my grandmother pretty? She's really working the flapper look!

No comments: