When did the response to "How are you?" change from "Fine" to "Busy!" When did we start bragging about it? Oh, it won't sound like bragging; it either has a touch of martyr or shades of superiority, but it's still bragging. I'm busier than you, therefore I am a more important person. The world would grind to a halt without me. Even worse, my children might get bored.
"We've been so busy."
It's a choice, is it not? No one forced me to teach these classes, or homeschool my children, or work. They were all choices that I freely made, perhaps so that I could have bragging rights.
Today I've been stopped in my tracks by a virus that we shall hope is not the flu. It's a flu-wannabe, because I don't have time for the flu. I've cleared my schedule and the whole day is ahead of me, and it's not so bad. I will do some things today, leave others undone. I'll drink lots of herbal tea. I won't be busy. It's a start.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment