Monday, May 29, 2006

I-cord

What kind of knitting needle are you?
And my, what a smart quiz! "You are interchangeable.Fun, free, and into everything, you've got every eventuality covered and every opportunity just has to be taken. Every fiber is wonderful, and every day is a new beginning. You are good at so many things, it's amazing, but you can easily lose your place and forget to show up. They have row counters for people like you!"
In other words, I'm Denise! My favorites!

Meditations while I-cording
Maybe I should have bought an automatic spool knitter.
How long does a purse strap need to be?
Wonder how many more calories are in a Mega M&M than a regular one?
Does the Disney Channel only have six teenage stars or does it just seem like it?
What would it be like to be on the cover of Rolling Stone?
I really should have bought an automatic spool knitter.
I need to mail the inspection packet Tuesday.
When does Emily start petsitting the guinea pig?
Oh, wait. I’m volunteering at the Girl Scout camp Tuesday.
How long will it take to perform Level III housecleaning today?
I forgot to pick up bacon for breakfast in the morning. Likewise, cottage cheese.
That will make three trips to the grocery store in as many days.
I need a good recipe for blond brownies.
Sunburns hurt.
Could a size 1 knitting needle be fatal if used improperly?
What does my dog think when she’s staring at me?
I notice I don’t have this question about the cat.
It’s been years since I saw Wait Until Dark.
Audrey Hepburn is gorgeous.
I finally understand the plot, since I have to explain it to Emily.
You couldn’t make a movie like this if they had cell phones.
OK. (Threads i-cord through eyelets in purse.) If I were holding this and it’s pretty long already….. I’m done!!

Lara's Lace BagThis started out as a swatch (moss stitch on the bottom), then I picked up all the way around and swatched the lace for a possible cardigan, then added the stockinette and eyelet round, finishing with a lace edge swatch for another cardigan. And I think you've met the i-cord that is the handle.

It needs to be lined, but I'll have to find someone who can run a sewing machine for that. This is Knitpicks Shine in Cream, on size 7's (and size 3's for the bottom and edging, size 1's for the i-cord).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I was pink aluminum! It may have had something to do with the "pink martini" answer...since I don't know what to do with pink knitting needles anyway!