That was the movie we watched tonight at a Halfknits Chick Flick night. I got most of a second Fiber Trends clog knitted, but wound up with my stitch count off at the beginning of the cuff. I kept comparing and comparing with the other one, and can't see where I went wrong at all. This is my 9th pair, so it's not like I don't know the pattern, but I'm 4 stitches short on the small size. I went ahead and increased by four on the next round, and I just hope it won't look too weird once it's felted. This one is for my nephew, in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, black and red. He's a Spiderman buff, and I'm contemplating embroidering a web on the top before felting, but I'm not sure how it would turn out. Might swatch if I have the energy.
Oh, and the movie was almost worth the whole dollar I spent for it. I'm not a prude by any stretch, but this one struck me as a little sordid. Shirley MacLaine was great, though, as always.
This morning was lessons with the kids, and laundry, and ironing, and dishes; this afternoon was the grocery store, making and taking a casserole to a friend, weed- eating the yard, and making dinner, until it was time to head off to Girl's Night. I even got to read a bit more of A Breath of Snow and Ashes. I've read this whole series, but it's been so long since the last book I've forgotten most of the minor characters. This is pretty typical of my memory lately anyway. Well-meaning friends say it's just too much on my plate, but really: where does forgetfulness end and Alzheimer's begin?
Oh, and we're back to 99 degrees here in the leafy suburbs. This ought to be an interesting summer, if you find blast furnaces interesting.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment