Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The long and winding road....

.... that leads to my door. From the living room, that is. This is the home stretch, we have company coming Thursday, a birthday party Friday, and this is Tuesday. The dining room table has to be back in the dining room, which has to have the carpet back down first. The unbelievable clutter must be cleaned up (two large trash bags from Emily's room alone yesterday.) The kitchen has to be put back together (there's a large hole in the biggest cabinet to be able to dry out the underside of the cabinets.) We have a new computer, which occasioned a bit of downtime there. And I've been working the last several days, and Sean has two finals today.

I'd give you a picture, but I can't find my camera. It's somewhere.

When I got in my car after work yesterday, the thermometer read 115. Once on the road, it dropped to a breezy 105. The pool feels like a hot tub, which is perfect for me, had I time to get in it. We need to all say a quick "thank you" to Mr. Carrier, who made Texas inhabitable. (I know there wasn't always air conditioning; even I remember that. I just don't remember how we survived!)

No comments: