
A. A novel by Fred Gipson
B. The dining room
C. What I did when I saw it.
Why, oh why, is a color one color on the paint chip, another color that is still pleasant while in the can, and a revolting bilious shade when on the wall?
I give you Sweet Maple and Lion Mane:
If you say that doesn't look so bad, you're being very polite, but you're not here to view it in all its blazing glory. I hope Home Depot is open on a holiday. I'm thinking taupe. And if anyone has any thoughts on what to do with picture frame molding, I'm open to suggestions. What I'd like to do is take it off and retexture, but I'm afraid I'll be in over my head. But when has that ever stopped me?
If you're ever in the market for yellow or orange paint, call me.
Two weeks ago in Nashville I was browsing a used bookstore with friends, going item by item in the crafts section and finding nothing on knitting when an author's name jumped out at me. I had to blink a couple of times and focus. Couldn't be. A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns, just sitting here? The 1970 hardback edition?
It was.
I clutched it to my chest, looked quietly in both directions, then did a short but enthusiastic victory dance. It smelled musty and wonderful and it truly is the awe-inspiring collection I've heard about. Now I just have to get the first (and third, and fourth) treasuries, but this one is a keeper.
No comments:
Post a Comment