So I did get rid of the Barbies. Emily and I went through them and I kept several, for my grandkids someday, and then we donated the rest. Kept none of the My Scenes. How do you explain replaceable feet anyway?
Today is a day stretching in front of me, full of possibility. For the first time in weeks, there is nothing on the calendar. I can do laundry! I can clean house! Exercise! Knit! You remember knitting.
I found this from an email list I'm on. Looks like a cool program; I need the accountability.
I just edited this post twice; I was working on recovering my May archive that had mysteriously disappeared, plus trying to fix the main text falling down the page. I just did both. HTML is still a mystery, but it's slowly beginning to make sense.
Larry James makes a great statement in today's post on his blog. The Superman/Christ analogy is an old one, but he sheds new light on Superman's work here, and what we should learn from it.
For that matter, have you ever stopped to count up the Christ analogies in popular literature and movies? Off the top of my head: E.T., Harry Potter, Cool Hand Luke (remember the camera retreating from him as he lies there, arms outstretched, after the egg-eating scene?) I'm teaching a high school English class this year called Movies as Literature, and it's been on my mind lately. E.T. will be one of the movies that we study, and there are so many parallels there. These stories seem to touch people, both religious and secular. We all have God-shaped holes in us, and if He can't fill them, something else will.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment